At Burkhart Pizzanelli we know that the most important goal for our not-for-profit client organizations is to fulfill their mission.
In a highly regulated environment it becomes increasingly difficult for a not-for-profit organization to focus on their mission when ever-changing regulations and restrictions affect the way they utilize their funding and provide their goods and services.
Understanding the mission and assisting in the financial aspects of carrying out the mission are key parts of our involvement with our not-for-profit clients. Many of our team members serve as Board members of not-for-profit organizations. This involvement enhances our team members’ knowledge of the financial and operational aspects of managing a not-for-profit organization. As a result of our hands on experience in the industry, we are better poised to assist your organization.
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Financial and compliance audits
- Reviews and compilations
- Audits performed in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book), OMB Circular A-133, and Consolidated Audit Guide for Audits of HUD Programs
- Preparation of Uniform Financial Reports
- Form 990 and Massachusetts Form PC return preparation
- Structure and governance issues
- Evaluation of contract sources and requirements
- Long-term and strategic planning
- Representation of not-for-profit organizations before the IRS and state authorities